Ultrasound Cavitation Body Contouring
Ultrasonic Cavitation Body Contouring treatments are a revolutionary FDA approved non-invasive procedure that reshapes, resculpts and tones resistive areas of your body with minimal downtime. It can also aid in reducing the appearance of cellulite as well. Best results are achieved when cavitation is applied in conjunction with radiofrequency (RF) plus vacuum. This helps tone and tighten the skin and aids in further breakdown of fat, reduces wrinkles and stretch marks, and lifts sagging skin due to collagen weakness.
Typically, you will hear a high pitched hum or ringing in your ears. This is completely normal/safe, and should be expected. If you feel that it is causing discomfort then please let your therapist know and she will adjust the frequency for you. This treatment can safely be performed 1-3 times a week, allowing the body to eliminate dissolved fat without over loading healthy liver function. Once the fat cells are destroyed, they’re gone for good, therefore leading to permanent results.The number of sessions will vary, depending on the individual. Recommended is usually 8- 12 treatments, usually focused on only one area per series. It is important to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily during treatment and increase movement and exercise where possible. Please note that a healthy lifestyle change combined with a well- balanced diet, proper nutrition is still necessary to maintain the results.
*Disclaimer: Results will vary from person to person and are based on factors such as age, lifestyle habits and medical history.
3 TREATMENTS: $350
6 TREATMENTS: $650
9 TREATMENTS: $850
12 TREATMENTS: $1200
Commonly Treated Areas Include:
- Love handles
Abdomen – 1 Treatment Area (larger abdomen may be more than one area)
Arms – 1 Treatment Area
Flanks / Love handles / Muffin Top – 2 Treatment Areas
Middle back / Bra fat – 1 Treatment Area
Outer Thighs (also referred to as saddle bags) – 2 Treatment Areas
Inner Thighs – 1.5 Treatment Areas
Back of the Thighs (under the buttocks) - 1.5 Treatment Areas
Front of the Thighs – 1.5 Treatment Areas
Buttocks – 2 Treatment Areas
Knees – 1.5 Treatment Areas
Ultrasound Cavitation Treatment is not recommended if you fit in the following categories (CONTRAINDICATIONS):
- Pregnant or nursing
- Metallic implants (i.e. pins, prostheses or pacemakers)
- Intrauterine device
- Cancer at anytime and in any form
- Blood disorders
- Internal heat in the body (i.e. fever or acute inflammation)
- Heart disease
- Kidney/liver disease
- Severe high blood pressure or circulation problems
- Deep vein thrombosis, varicose veins
- Hemorrhagic disease, trauma, vascular rupture
- Inflammation of the veins, phlebitis
- Current treatment with anticoagulants, anti-inflammatories or antibiotics
- Long term steroid use (i.e. Prednisone treatment will increase inflammation)
- Infections (HIV/AIDS)
- Internal bleeding (i.e. bleeding from ulcers)
- Autoimmune diseases (i.e. lupus)
- Red, dry and itchy skin rashes
- Urinary incontinence
- Transmissible diseases
- Time of menstruation (wait until your cycle has finished)
- Under 18
- Diabetes (uncontrolled)
- Keloid Scarring
- Chemical peels and laser resurfacing
- Recent surgery (wait 6 months)
- Recent scars (wait 6 months)
- Open lesions (avoid area)
- Skin diseases (avoid area)
- Infection (avoid area)
- Antibiotics (wait until course completed)
- Inflammation (avoid area)
- Varicose veins (avoid area)
- Prosthesis/silicone implants (avoid area)
- Metal implants/screws (avoid area)
- Metal contraceptive coil (avoid area)
- Depilatory creams (wait 2 weeks)
- Areas being treated with IPL or Laser (wait 2 weeks)
- Areas being treated with Botox® (wait 3 months) or dermal fillers (wait 2 weeks)
- Suntan (sun must be avoided the entire duration of the treatment regime)
- Chronic inflammation (depending on severity of chronic inflammatory conditions - consider that treatment will increase inflammation and anti-inflammatory medications reduce the effectiveness of the treatment - please discuss with your doctor first)
If you have any PARTIAL CONTRAINDICATIONS you may or may not be suitable for treatment. Your therapist will advise the best course of action in a consultation.
Before & Aftercare Protocol
Drink at least 3-4 litres of water ONLY each day during series. (soft drink, soda, juice or tea are prohibited).
You should not eat 2 hours before and 1 hour after treatment
Do not drink ANY alcohol in the day of treatment or 48hrs after.
Using a dry skin brush daily will help stimulate lymph movement (your therapist will show you how to do this).
Do not have a hot shower (warm is alright), spa or sauna 24 hours after treatment.
Diet: Eating a balanced, healthy diet of lots of greens and fresh fruits is recommended.
Exercise: Do brisk exercise for at least 20 minutes after your treatment to stimulate lymph movement. Vibration therapy can be made available after your treatment.
You can return to work or normal activities straight after treatment. An initial appointment is 75 minutes to collect your measurements, share your personal health history, take pictures and receive treatment.
ULTRASOUND CAVITATION FAQS
How long does Ultrasonic Cavitation results last?
The results will vary from a dramatic first day loss of more than 3 inches to as little as 1/4 inch. Additional inch losses between each session and up to 2 weeks after a session, the process continues even after the treatment is over . It is allowed to repeat courses at about intervals of six months, if needed.
How many Ultrasonic Cavitation treatments are needed?
The exact number of treatments needed will vary due to factors such as age, weight, the individual’s different tissue structure, metabolism, medication, changes in hormones, and the area being treated.
What body parts can Ultrasound Cavitation be performed on?
It can be performed on the following areas of the body: thighs, hips, buttocks, upper arms, abdomen and back only.
Do you lose weight with Ultrasonic Cavitation?
Because you are reducing fat deposits you may experience some loss in weight but Ultrasound Cavitation itself is not a weight loss treatment.
How long does each Ultrasound Cavitation session last?
Typically a single fat cavitation session lasts 30 minutes when treating a single part of the body. But if it is more than one body part, sessions can last up to 60 minutes.
Is Ultrasonic Cavitation safe and FDA approved?
Yes, it is a safe, comfortable FDA approved, non-invasive procedure. The ultrasound energy is designed to target fatty tissues beneath the skin only, and does not affect the blood vessels, nerves and connective tissues. It does not require anesthesia, leaves no scars and does not require any post treatment.
Are there any side effects with Ultrasound Cavitation treatments?
On rare occasions there may be a slight possibility of mild side effects such as transient redness, excessive thirst, or nausea immediately after the treatment which is invariably resolved by drinking water. These are all short-term effects that disappear in a few hours.
Is Ultrasound Cavitation painful?
The treatment is painless. There is a slight tingling sensation or buzzing in the ear that may sometimes be felt during the treatment. Some heat sensation may also be felt during treatment but still no pain is felt. Any slight reddening of the skin which may sometimes develop during or soon after treatment quickly disappears, some report a ‘post workout’ type of soreness.